Hopefully you all are following the Robinson Lions Club and the Lions Clubs International on social media.
:: BE SURE TO FOLLOW HASHTAGS #LionsClubs #LionsClub #WeServe #LionsEverywhere #LeoClub and #RobinsonLions across all social networks! ::
Dear Club Leader,
Lions are known for bringing uncommon kindness to the world, but what is your club known for in your community? I am sure that you are doing so much more than your community knows, providing valuable service, creating opportunities for caring men and women to give back, and changing lives in ways that most don’t see. Technology offers so many ways to share our story with our community, and social media is one of the most effective.
Social media can help you instantly connect with your community. With more than 4.8 billion mobile devices around the world, we have the ability to speak directly to our communities. You can share your success stories, promote new projects and inspire others to serve with you. When you report your service on MyLCI or your regional reporting system, we can shine a light on the work of Lions in ways never before possible. Local media outlets are also monitoring social media to find stories they want to share with their readers. We are good news, and that’s something the world needs more of these days.
I believe that when others see the tremendous work we’re doing, they will want to be a part of it. We know there is nothing like the feeling of helping others. Your service stories can help bring this feeling to life. And social media can help bring these stories to your community.
I encourage you to use all the tools at hand to share the Power of We with our communities.
Sincerely,Dr. Naresh AggarwalYour International President
Click here to watch a special address from International President Dr. Naresh Aggarwal.
Maximize Your Social Media Impact
Managing your club’s social media presence is a great opportunity to connect to your local community and beyond. Here are some tips for maximizing your social media.
- Engage your community – Connect with community organizations such as schools, libraries, park districts or local leaders to expand your reach.
- Follow, comment and tag – Join conversations to build a network that will provide more exposure for your club’s activities.
- Set up multiple admin and editor roles – This provides more support and new opportunities for Lions who want to contribute to your social media.
Visit the SMiLE Facebook page for tips and tools that can take your social media to the next level!
Build Your Service Network with MyLion
The MyLion app is an incredible resource for organizing service and connecting to Lions at home and around the world. And it gives you a great way to instantly connect and share with your community.
- Create a profile – Upload your photo and craft a bio so all Lions see the ways you’re making a difference.
- Plan a project – Use predesigned templates to plan new projects. Then invite Lions and keep everyone informed with features such as chatting and maps.
- Share a photo – Post updates and photos in real time to inspire your community.
The MyLion app is available in seven languages on the AppStore and Google Play. Check for availability in your area and get connected!